Software Team Manager
Cape Town, South Africa
FlightScope® is a global high-tech company and a true world leader in the development and manufacturing of 3D Doppler Ball Tracking Monitors, Golf Radars & Launch Monitors for sports.Originally founded in 1989 to measure projectiles for the defence industry by Henri Johnson, FlightScope® still honours its roots and to this day remains prominent in the defence industry in more than 24 countries.
Sports applications were the next logical step
With nearly two decades of experience in the field of Doppler radar and phased array tracking technology, FlightScope® realized the potential and impact its technology would have on the sports industry.
- Cricket: FlightScope® is the only company in the world to measure bowling speed;
- Tennis: FlightScope® manages all ATP tournaments’ chair-umpire scoring systems;
- Golf: FlightScope® provides 27 measurements of ball and club head parameters.
- Baseball: FlightScope® provides pitching, hitting, and pop time analysis.
FlightScope® is in use by top golf instructors, club fitters, tour players and original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are committed to delivering a world-class product with exceptional after-sales support. In 2008, FlightScope® relocated its headquarters to Orlando, Florida, a key location for the golf industry.
- Direct and control a small development team (10 developers)
- Manage (plan, execute, report on) projects and tasks, between Business and Development resources
- Coordinate and set priorities and objectives with developers
- Ensure the application of business analysis, workflow design, software architecture, and UI design activities in the software development process
- Ensure test and verification activities relating to software designs
- Undertake own development work (area and scope to be agreed)
- Familiar with
- Windows, iOS and Android platforms
- .Net, WPF, C#, Objective C, ANSI C, C++, Java
- TCP/IP, UDP, XML
- SQL/SQL Lite
- Web services
- UI Implementation
- Proficient in one or more of the above areas
- Work across multiple technologies and applications
- Experience in Agile or similar development methodologies.
- Goal-oriented approach to development
- Developing high quality software applications
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics
- 8-15 years in the development of software applications, preferably in a high technology environment
Salary And Benefits
Market related CTC, including medical aid and retirement fund
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org