FlightScope® by EDH, a premier portable indoor-outdoor ball-flight and golf launch monitor and the world’s first-ever 3D tracking radar for golf, has announced the launch of its latest Software Release Version 5.5.1 which is being showcased at the PGA Merchandise Show, Orlando, and rolled out to eligible partners globally during February. The latest release, arguably the company’s most comprehensive yet which will work in conjunction with a new Firmware Release, 5.15, will offer customers major new functionality and once again advance the ongoing search for perfection in the measurement of spin irrespective of the golf ball being used particularly within an indoor environment.
Henri Johnson, CEO of FlightScope, commented: “FlightScope has already set a very high benchmark exceeding the standards expected by leading custom club fitting centres, club manufacturers and teaching professionals. However, as the latest 5.5 software release demonstrates, we are continually striving to raise the bar even higher offering our clients enhanced functionality and greater accuracy that in turn allow them to offer their customers an even better quality of service.”
The new software release combines enhanced features with improved performance. Key features and benefit highlights include:
- The club’s angle of attack now is displayed as a numerical measurement on the Club Analysis Screen in addition to the graphical illustration already included. This will offer club fitters more specific comparative data when evaluating a player’s attack angle.
- Grouping radius comparison is now more extensive through the Grouping Screen Display area being increased with auto scales. It also allows zooming and panning, and enables the user to see radius comparisons right through the bag from wedges to drivers.
- When using FlightScope in Indoor Mode the accuracy of the carry distance measurement has been improved, increasing confidence and consistency in the data.
- To improve client support, FlightScope now features a Remote Support feature which when securely activated starts up an internet connection between the user's PC and a FlightScope support engineer.
- The ability to print screen data now has been extended to ALL screens allowing output to either a local, network or PDF printer.